Have you considered things you can negotiate as part of your compensation? There are more items to consider than salary, so let’s break it down.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, 31% of an individual’s compensation package consists of benefits.
Benefits may help to attract and retain talent and demonstrate how a company values its employees.
Employers must give employees time off to vote, serve jury duty, or perform military service. Employers must also comply with the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and pay local, state, and federal taxes, and worker’s compensation.
Read on for a list of benefits or company perks you might be able to negotiate above and beyond your salary.
- Bereavement Leave
- Bonus Plans – signing and year-end
- Cafeteria Meal Plan
- Car Washes
- Caretaker Leave
- Conference Attendance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Educational Loan Repayment
- Employee Recognition
- Eye Insurance
- Feedback without Repercussion
- Flexible Hours
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Gym Membership
- Health Insurance
- Health & Wellness Benefits
- Home Office Budget
- Hybrid Work
- Internet Reimbursement
- Laundry Services
- Life Insurance Plans
- Meditation App Subscriptions
- Mental Health Resources
- Office Furniture at Home
- Outplacement Services
- Parental Leave
- Performance Incentives
- Personal Assistance (Chores and Errands)
- Personal Care
- Personal Days
- Phone Reimbursement
- Professional Development
- Profit Sharing
- Remote Work
- Retirement Plans and Matching 401(k)s
- Rideshare Stipend
- Sick Leave
- Summer Hours
- Stock Options
- Supplemental Insurance
- Transportation Allowance
- Tuition Assistance
Although this is a pretty comprehensive list, it is not all-inclusive. There are many more creative ideas that could be added to this list.
Stay tuned for next week’s article on tips to negotiate your compensation package.
Missed last week’s article? Read 13 Flashy New LinkedIn Features.
- Subscribe to my newsletter on LinkedIn for bright ideas to manage your career.
- Join as a member at https://greatcareers.org/membership of the #1 business networking association on the Philadelphia Business Journal’s Book of Lists two years in a row!
- Register on the events page for these upcoming online events.
- If you need a resume or LinkedIn profile to get you to your next step, book a call to chat!
- Follow #GreatCareersPHL
- 9/2 Fri – Interviewing Techniques
- 9/7 Wed – PowerThinking: Resilience Building Call-In
- 9/8 Thurs – Career Success Group Job Seeker Accountability & Networking
- 9/9 Fri – Tips to Optimize Your LinkedIn Profile
- 9/10 Sat – How to Get Back in the Game
- 9/10 Sat – How to be a Champion & Knock Your Next Job Out of the Ballpark
- 9/12 Mon – What is Executive Leadership Coaching?