How to Write Good Headlines for LinkedIn Articles
Writing a good headline for a LinkedIn article also applies to writing a good headline for a blog, catchy event title, or email. Several resources are below.
If you are a recent reader of my content, you might have missed the article How and Why LinkedIn Publishing. In that article, I mentioned Coschedule Headline Analyzer.
You can think of the analyzer as a traffic light. You want to stop with red, proceed with caution with yellow, and go with green.
When writing the title for this article, I got a 72. Anything over 70 is green.
Below are some other titles I tried for this article and the scores I received.
56 – Write Good Headlines for LinkedIn Articles
59 – Five Things to Know About Headlines
61 – How to Write Good Headlines
69 – 5 Things to Know to Write Headlines for LinkedIn Articles
The headline analyzer examines the word balance for common words, uncommon words, emotional words, and power words.
It also analyzes the word count, character count, type, reading grade level, sentiment, clarity, and skimmability.
When I start headlines with “How to,” I have found that I get a higher score. Why? People want to learn.
However, if you are going to use Coschedule Headline Analyzer, you will also be subscribing to an email list, but it is not such a bad thing for the value received.
Here are more resources you can use.
Advanced Marketing Institute Headline Analyzer
Sharethrough Headline Analyzer
Portent’s Content Idea Generator
How to Write Headlines That Drive Traffic, Shares, And Search Results
Many more resources listed on Google
Don’t forget to analyze your own LinkedIn headline, which can be up to 220 characters. I used the Sharethrough Headline Analyzer noted above and got the following results:
82 Impression Score
There is always room for improvement!
If you need to learn more about LinkedIn, sign up for the third Saturday of the month for a three-hour workshops on Zoom.
Don’t miss our upcoming featured events (best viewed on a desktop). If you are a working adult, learn and network with us. You can also view events on a Google doc and meetup.
- 2/19 Fri Interviewing Techniques
- 2/20 Sat LinkedIn Part 3 of 3
- 2/20 Sat Build Eye-Pleasing Web Pages with Elementor
- 2/22 Mon Building Your Group of Champions to Become Your Army
- 2/22 Mon Networking on grapevine.today with the CEO
- 2/23 Tues WinTheView Career Marketing Tools
- 2/23 Tues Business Executives Networking Group (BENG)
- 2/24 Wed PowerThinking Resiliency Building Call-In
- 2/24 Wed Business Executive Networking Group (BENG)
- 2/25 Thurs Career Success Group
- 2/25 Thurs Top 10 LinkedIn Strategies for 2021
- 2/25 Thurs Business Executive Networking Group (BENG)
- 2/26 Fri Interviewing Techniques
- 3/1 Mon Career Success Group
- 3/1 Mon How to Develop Successful Job Search Strategies
- 3/1 Mon Be Different!
- 3/1 Mon Business Executive Networking Group (BENG)
Need to accelerate your job search or manage your career? Explore our kickstarter offerings.
Missed the previous article on Finding Emails Not Listed on LinkedInClick here!
Connect With Your Community
Subscribe for stories that matter!
"*" indicates required fields