American Community Journals, the Parent Company of BUCKSCO Today, Seeks Editor/Writer
American Community Journals (ACJ) — the parent company of VISTA Today, MONTCO Today, DELCO Today, and BUCKSCO Today — is seeking a self-motivated, detail-oriented, and versatile editor/writer with an understanding of Philadelphia and its suburbs, particularly their businesses, neighborhoods, and culture.
This is a full-time position. Primary duties include writing original stories about the company’s affiliate partners and sourcing, curating, and posting additional stories about the region’s businesses, nonprofits, universities, communities, and people.
He/she will work closely with affiliate partners to elevate their profiles, grow their businesses, and strengthen their connection to the community — all through the written word and storytelling.
The candidate must have a passion for and experience in writing and editing news, as well as excellent communication and storytelling skills. He/she should have experience in conducting interviews and crafting an engaging story based on the content of those interviews. The person should also be social media- and SEO-savvy.
- Interviewing newsworthy people and writing original feature stories
- Developing and maintaining relationships with the company’s affiliate partners; enhancing and posting their content
- Searching online to identify positive stories about the region’s people, places, and events
- Proofreading and editing
- Posting completed stories, including correct hyperlinks and images, on WordPress
- Analyzing data and seeking to increase reader engagement and retention
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, English, or a related field (or the equivalent in work experience)
- Knowledge of Philadelphia and its suburbs
- Excellent command of the English language
- Professional writing, editing, and proofreading experience
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- A flexible mindset and the ability to pivot and multi-task
- An appreciation of the Delaware Valley’s business, community, and social culture
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in WordPress is a plus
- Knowledge of SEO research is a plus
- Proficiency in social media (including Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Reddit)
The position is 100 percent remote. To apply, e-mail a resume and writing samples to Mark Hostutler, Executive Editor of American Community Journals, at email@example.com and Kim McGuane, President of American Community Journals, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connect With Your Community
Subscribe for stories that matter!
"*" indicates required fields