With many buyers looking for a home in Bucks County and not enough available inventory, new listings are disappearing in a blink, writes Cynthia Henry for The Philadelphia Inquirer.
A typical home for sale in many Bucks County ZIP codes now stays on the market for a week or even less. Still, closure timelines vary, with other neighborhoods seeing transactions taking a month or perhaps more.
A drill-down analyses reveals:
- Six-day average between listing and sale:
- Jamison (ZIP Code 18929)
- Richboro (ZIP Code 18954)
- Southampton (ZIP Code 18966)
- Levittown (ZIP Code 19055)
- Seven-day average between listing and sale:
- Chalfont (ZIP Code 18914)
- Langhorne (ZIP Code 19047)
- Bristol (ZIP Code 19007)
- 16-day average between listing and sale:
- Levittown (ZIP Code 19056)
A remarkable development for the short-sale cycle communities is how quickly they have spiked. A year ago, properties in Jamison, Richboro, Southampton and the subset of Levittown averaged 20 days on the market.
The slowest cycle was in New Hope (ZIP Code 19056), where homes averaged 62 days on the market.
Read more about the local housing market in The Philadelphia Inquirer.