The conference, which is sponsored by the Bucks County Suicide Prevention Task Force, aims to provide current information and best practices in suicide prevention. Renowned speakers will provide information and answer questions that will be beneficial to professionals, educators, first responders, counseling and nursing professionals, family members, and the community.
Opening remarks will be made by Sharon Curran, the organization’s CEO, and Diane Ellis-Marseglia, Vice Chair of the Bucks County Board of Commissioners. Conference speakers and topics include the following:
- Michele Wolf, owner, Abbey’s Bakery – Abbey’s Story – A Lived Experience
- Dr. Guy Diamond, ABFT International, Co-Developer, ABFT – Attachment-Based Family Therapy for Suicide
- Graham Craig, LPC, LVF Outpatient Therapist – A Part of Me Wants to Die
- Amanda Selski, LPC, LVF Outpatient Therapist and Jacqueline Koellner, MS, LVF Seniors Empowered for Life Fulfillment (SELF) Therapist – Dialectic Behavioral Therapy (DBT) Informed Treatment for Suicide
- Kate McGinley, MA, LVF Director of Crisis Residential Services – Personal to Communal: A Story of Prevention and Commitment to Recovery
The conference is open to the public and includes a continental breakfast, lunch, and a vendor resource/networking fair. Online reservations are preferred and available at $35 per person. Walk-in reservations will be accepted as space permits.
Learn more about the upcoming conference at the Lenape Valley Foundation.