Freedom Village provides active senior living with resort-inspired services, amenities, social activities, chef-prepared cuisine, and onsite care that includes personal care, skilled nursing, memory care, and rehabilitation services.
The following Freedom Village career positions are available:
Freedom Village at Brandywine is currently seeking three registered nurses to work weekends as RN supervisors in its skilled nursing unit.
There is one full-time day shift RN supervisor that will be responsible for the on-call phone.
A part-time RN supervisor position will work at the end of the week, 7 PM to 7 AM, and an RN supervisor to work end of the week, 7 AM to 7 PM.
All employees in the skilled nursing department are eligible for a shift differential of $4 during the week when working during the evenings and nights and a $6 differential for working any shift on the weekend.
The Registered Nurse Supervisor (RN) is responsible for the overall nursing care/service and management of all personnel on his/her shift, including the accurate and timely administration of medications, treatments, documentation, and emergency calls, as indicated.
Qualifications for these positions include:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. RN with a current license in Pennsylvania
- At least six months of experience in geriatric nursing is a plus
- Supervisory experience is a plus
- Basic computer proficiency
- Generating a warm, friendly, and caring manner on first impression
- Communicating effectively with residents, families, staff, and visitors
- Maintaining the highest level of confidentiality
- Passing a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
Find out more about these registered nurse supervisor positions.
Freedom Village at Brandywine is seeking a full-time activities assistant. Compensation for this position will be from $16 to $18, depending on experience.
The Activities Assistant supports the Activities Coordinator in planning and implementing engaging programs and activities for our residents.
This position focuses on creating a vibrant and fulfilling environment that promotes social interaction, mental stimulation, and overall well-being for our senior community.
- Set up activity spaces, including arranging furniture, decorations, and equipment, ensuring a welcoming and safe environment
- Assist with the coordination of logistics, such as scheduling, reserving spaces, and coordinating transportation for outings and special events
- Prepare materials and supplies needed for activities and ensure they are readily available
- Interact and engage with residents in a friendly and supportive manner
- Encourage and motivate residents to participate in activities
- Provide assistance to residents during activities, ensuring their comfort, safety, and enjoyment
- Assist in maintaining accurate records of activity attendance, participation, and resident feedback using appropriate software or databases
- Support in the preparation of reports and assessments regarding the success and outcomes of activities, as requested
- Document and report any concerns or issues observed during activities to the Activities Coordinator or appropriate staff members.
- Support other departments as needed in coordinating joint activities or integrating activities into daily routines
Qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent (required); Associate’s degree or coursework in a related field (preferred)
- Previous experience working in a senior living facility, recreation center, or a similar environment (preferred)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with seniors, their families, and staff members
- Enthusiasm for working with older adults and a genuine desire to enhance their quality of life
- Ability to assist and engage residents with various levels of mobility, cognitive abilities, and interests
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail to assist in activity planning and coordination
- Basic computer skills for documentation and record-keeping purposes
- Can pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
Find out more about the Activities Assistant position.
Candidates accepted for either of the above positions are eligible for:
- Scholarships and educational assistance programs
- Extraordinary reward points
- Highly competitive occupancy and sales bonus program
- A monthly all-staff free lunch Friday
- Serving on various employee-led committees
- A free and confidential employee assistance program
- Paid training, paid time off, and paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, (401)K retirement
Dining Room Supervisor
Freedom Village at Brandywine is recruiting for a hospitality-focused dining room manager to join its team.
This position provides full-scope, hands-on dining room management in the Culinary Services Department. The supervisor will be responsible for maintaining a superior level of quality service and cleanliness at all times.
- Responsible for the overall operation, coordination, appearance, and maintenance of the dining room and serving staff
- Provide leadership, development and training, counseling, scheduling, and oversight of all serving staff
- Exemplify at all times the Community’s standards of cleanliness, sanitation, and organization
- Responsible for adhering to food quality, appearance, and presentation standards at all times
- Ensure company standards for an appropriately staffed, operational, and stocked dining room
- Exhibit serving standards of speed, accuracy, and efficiency
- Train servers in customer service, efficient serving techniques, setting tables, and maintaining workstations in proper order
- Responsible for preparing server schedules according to operational needs and budgetary compliance
- Set tables and maintain workstations in proper order. Take orders, provide service, and requested items both graciously and courteously. Answer pertinent questions about menu items
- Clear dishes from tables during and after meal service and assist with dishwashing
Qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma/GED or the equivalent education, training, and experience
- Minimum of 3 years of restaurant or senior living experience or equivalent serving and staff management experience
Find out more about the Dining Room Supervisor position.