Gwynedd Mercy to Host 3rd Annual Conference on Diversity in Education
Gwynedd Mercy University for its third annual conference on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Education. This year’s theme is “Creating Learning Environments that Engage Diverse Voices.”
The two-day conference will be held virtually on Tuesday, April 25 and Wednesday, April 26 from 5:45 to 9 PM.
Attendance is free and open to PreK-12 and higher education educators, administrators, and staff, alongside students and parents who are interested. Attendees are also offered Act 28 credits.
On Tuesday, Dr. Ronald W. Whitaker II, Professor of Education and the Director of the Center for Urban Education, Equality, and Improvement at Cabrini University, will deliver the keynote address.
Dr. Whitaker’s goal is to increase confidence amongst participants to facilitate, inspire, and manage high-impact transformational DEI initiatives.
Wednesday’s keynote panel is about the best practices in Creating Learning Environments that Engage Diverse Voices. Panelists include:
- Cherrissa Gibson, Director of Human Resources, Professional Development, and Equity at Pennsbury School District in Fallsington, Pennsylvania
- Liliana Madrid, Special Assistant to the President for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Meredith College in Raleigh, North Carolina
- Otis Clarke, ’20 GMercyU EdD Graduate, High School Geography Teacher in the Navajo Nation, Arizona
In addition to the keynote speaker and panelists, the conference will feature three breakout sessions for participants to attend.
Below are the tracks that participants may choose from.
- Track A: Setting the Stage to Engage Diverse Voices topics
- Track B: Teaching Strategies to Engage Diverse Voices topics
- Track C: Supporting Diverse Identities topics.
For more information and to register, please visit GMercyU’s website.
Gwynedd Mercy University tour.
Connect With Your Community
Subscribe for stories that matter!
"*" indicates required fields